Director of Advertising & Data Strategy – US – NY
Our client is an established powerhouse in the digital publishing space. We’re helping them find a strategic leader to architect new advertising and data offerings and help bring them to market. The right candidate is a visionary, immersed in the digital ecosystem, and able to develop strategy with a 360-degree view.
You’ll be a collaborative leader, working as the bridge between the engineering/product organization and the sales/marketing team to conceptualize, design, build, and deliver solutions. This role will also work with clients and industry partners to stay on top of innovation in advertising and data. This director (or possibly VP) level role is a phenomenal opportunity for a driven team-player to prove themselves as an industry thought leader.
- Ownership of ad products and pricing, including strategy and innovation
- Ownership of data products and pricing, including strategy and innovation
- Collaborate with sales team to distill client feedback and requests into actionable strategy and ad/data product ideas
- Develop and maintain industry partnerships to enrich data assets
- Ensure the sales and marketing team are fully prepared, with training and documentation, to bring these products to market
- Collaborate with tech product and engineering teams to prioritize development
- A deep understanding of the digital media space and the technology that underlays data and ad platforms
- A strong track record of architecting strategy and delivering products to market
- Collaboration as a core skill—this role is responsible for high-stakes products and reliant on diverse teams, the ability to work across teams is essential
- Strong analytical foundations and a proven record of leveraging data into profit
- A tactical mindset, able to prioritize, organize, and lead effectively