Our client is the largest local television and media company providing local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. They are looking for a Director of Sales who is responsible for delivering best in class sales performance, and expansion into critical regional key accounts and channels. This role will be accountable for implementing strategies that drive revenue growth, profitability, and market development in line with our client’s vision leveraging the their digital media platform. They are a Top 25 Comscore Publisher with over 133M monthly uniques and growing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create unique and customized media plans for high profile buyers leveraging our clients digital media platform that can include but not limited to: Publisher Inventory, OTT, Video, Social, Data, Addressable & Programmatic
- Meet and exceed sales quota leveraging a growing suite of products.
- Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships & key accounts.
- Maintain close communication at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections & forecasting of future advertising.
- Research target markets and trends and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
- Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, in order to meet requirements.
- Manage a client pipeline and project revenue utilizing a CRM.
- Fluency in ad technology and video advertising with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to credibly influence decision makers and develop tailored solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic sales and revenue growth in the digital video ecosystem.
- Willingness to take on additional opportunities as company expands.
- Knowledge of digital advertising tools in order to advise advertisers on the effective use of digital and interactive advertisements.
- Must have a deep understanding of the online space and solution selling.
- Strong oral, problem solving, communication, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must be well organized, displays a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
- Confident, flexible multi-tasker, and able to work independently.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years’ experience in selling Digital or Data enablement with demonstrated sales methodologies. Experience selling multiple advertising products including –Publisher Inventory, Programmatic, OTT, display, video, and data, a plus.
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Travel and work hours will be required. A valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.