Cookies and Chrome: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back ere
As a rule, summer is a period of much-needed downtime in our industry; a chance to take a pause and prep for the inevitably frenetic race to the end of the year that starts on the first Tuesday after Labor Day weekend. All that to say, we don’t usually expect any news of note to happen in these brief months, but in late July, Google threw us all a curve. The announcement from the Privacy Sandbox that they are extending the deadline for removing 3rd-party cookies from Chrome until late 2024 wasn’t exactly a surprise. Many marketers no doubt heaved a sigh of relief—with roughly 80% of business decision makers still heavily reliant on 3rd-party data, this extension was pretty much a foregone conclusion—and this delay is a reprieve of sorts, but not in an out of sight, out of mind kind of way. The data and identity landscape is complex and fast-moving; for most of us, devising a cookieless strategy for targeting and measurement will require a unique cocktail of deterministic, probabilistic, and contextual solutions, and the process won’t be quick—or easy. Now that Google has given us the gift of extra time, it’s crucial to use it wisely. Read more…
Get up to speed on the latest trends in measurement & attribution with Prohaska and The IAB
Investment in measurement and attribution should drive demonstrable improvement in the performance of your media—you should always get out more than you put in. Yet all too often it ends up a complicated cost center that leaves you with more questions than answers. We believe that your investment should change your decision making in ways that clearly drive value—only a truly holistic measurement and attribution strategy can prove out total ROI of all dollars, both working and non-working media.
With this goal in mind, we’ve partnered with The IAB to present this full-day, in-person workshop designed to educate marketing professionals on future-forward measurement & attribution. Attendees will learn strategic approaches and methodologies for holistic and multichannel attribution, the nuances of applied measurement, and discuss hot topics with industry-leading providers and topical experts.
- Where: The IAB Ad Lab 116 East 27TH St., 8th floor New York, New York 10016
- When: SEP 28, 2022 / 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
- Cost: $499 – IAB Member $599 – IAB Non-Member
Prohaska Consulting in the Press
- “Video continues to grow. The CPMs it’s garnering is significantly higher than display,” Bender said. “There’s significant amount of demand.” – Scott Bender, partner and global head of client strategy at Prohaska, talks to Catherine Perloff from Adweek about Kargo’s acquisition of Ziggeo. | August 8th
- “The success of those predictions is how many other [companies] are using the same stuff. If everyone is using the same math and the same information … it ends up being not that great,” – Rudy Grahn, Rudy, attribution and measurement practice lead at Prohaska, talks to Catherine Perloff from Adweek about Explore Georgia’s progressive use of cookieless targeting. | August 9th
- “Publications need to grow because they need more first-party data,” Pasqua said. “Smaller companies, if they want to survive as advertising growth slows, need to sell. The two together can be a force to be reckoned with.” – Our CMO, Rachel Pasqua, talks to Adweek’s Mark Stenberg about Phenomenal Media’s acquisition of Reductress. | August 10th
- “Curiosity in attention is growing, and there are certainly some tech providers that have unique, proven formulas to be able to measure against it,” said Prohaska. “But the challenge is always the apples and oranges of combining that in with other services and understanding what it actually means for the brand.” – Our CEO, Matt Prohaska, talks to Jessica Heygate from Campaign US about the struggles brands face in adopting more nuanced attention metrics. | August 10th
- “The ad-tech tax is high–that’s undeniable,” said Rachel Pasqua, CMO and global client marketing lead at Prohaska Consulting. “But there are ways to bring those costs down by understanding just what that ad-tech tax entails, and renegotiating and streamlining partnerships, vendors, etc.” – Our CMO, Rachel Pasqua, talks to Digiday’s Antoinette Sui about the new programmatic guidelines from the ANA. | August 17th
Prohaska Consulting named one of AdExchanger’s Top 50 Programmatic Power Players
Every year, the media pundits at AdExchanger release their list of the best of the best in Programmatic—the smart thinkers, the innovators, the game changers, the people who are making a real difference in our industry.
We’re honored to have made the list again for 2022, and we’re proud to be in such illustrious company with luminaries like Roku, Xandr, Mediamonks, and many more. Congratulations to all the nominees and cheers to continuing to push the boundaries of programmatic innovation again in 2023! See the full list
Career opportunities with some of Team Prohaska’s greatest clients
We leverage our extensive network to help our clients source top notch talent across the global consumer, media, marketing, technology, and communications ecosystems. Our unique vantage point from the nexus of media, data, identity, and adtech enables us to identify and recruit the highest performing candidates to address a client’s business challenges and opportunities for growth. Our areas of focus for executive recruiting include sales, marketing, media planning, product, client services, project management, analytics, ad operations, and other client-facing roles.
Interested in our executive recruiting services? Tell us what you’re looking for.
- Account Manager – FT – US – NY: Our client is the largest local television and media company providing local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. This client seeks a full-time Account Manager, working within their DC & National sales teams. The ad planner will be the conduit between sales, ad operations, marketing, and other relevant teams to ideate and manage campaigns for clients… more
- Director of Sales – FT – US – Midwest: Our client is the largest local television and media company providing local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. They are looking for a Director of Sales who is responsible for delivering best in class sales performance, and expansion into critical regional key accounts and channels… more
See additional career opportunities with Prohaska clients.
Career opportunities with Team Prohaska
Open roles with Team Prohaska
Team Prohaska is poised for exponential growth in 2022, and we’re recruiting new talent across all areas of our business. We’re a diverse group of disruptive thinkers, dedicated to challenging the status quo of digital marketing and transforming our clients’ brands and businesses with future-forward thinking. Don’t see an open role that matches your interest and experience? Drop us a note and tell us what you’re great at.
- Engagement Lead – FT/PT – US – NYC Area/Remote: Prohaska Consulting is seeking an Engagement Lead to be the client-facing presence for consulting engagements (projects). This senior level role will actively work with the internal consulting project team to make sure progress is being made and client expectations are being met. Part subject matter expert, Project Manager, and Account Manager, this dynamic role contributes to the overall success of our client engagements… more
- Publisher Operations Lead – FT/PT – UK/US/Virtual: This client-facing role is an active & lead contributor for publisher-facing consulting engagements (projects). This lead role will also work actively with the broader project team to ensure progress is made and client expectations are met… more
See additional career opportunities with Prohaska Consulting.
Where to find us in September 2022
Questions & Suggestions
Share you ideas or ask questions by reaching out to: [email protected]