Attribution & Measurement (A&M) Should Fuel Better Decisions
Investment in A&M should drive demonstrable improvement in the performance of your media—you should always get out more than you put in. Yet all too often it ends up a complicated cost center that leaves you with more questions than answers. We believe that your A&M investment should change your decision making in ways that clearly drive value, and driving that value starts with understanding:
- What you can measure and what you can’t measure
- What you should measure and what you shouldn’t measure
Measuring only what is easiest to measure isn’t sound, and trying to measure EVERY possible signal isn’t realistic. More doesn’t always equal better. Optimal A&M strategy creates a balance between outcomes and investment within a discipline that is constantly testing and validating assumptions.
The Prohaska Approach to A&M
It’s an unfortunate fact that, for many, non-working investment (AKA The Tech Tax) is approaching 40-50% of the cost of the media itself without generating proportionate and demonstrable performance lift. Only a truly holistic A&M strategy can prove out total ROI of all dollars, both working and non-working media investment.
Holistic strategy is key, and generating holistic value is achievable even when companies and data are siloed. Our goal is to synthesize the many specialized point solutions used by individual stakeholders to develop a unified A&M strategy and stack that work harmoniously, powering decision-making both pre-market and in-market to deliver lift across all silos.
- Planned Spend/Reach
- Channel Allocation
- Creative Allocation
- Audience Strategy
- Media Scheduling
- Data Partnerships, Stack Optimization, Benchmarking
- Life Cycle
- Brand Equity
- Creative Rotation
- Identity (Attribution)
- CDP, Primary Research, CRM, DCO, LTV, Segmentation
- Brand Safety
- Channel Optimization
- Audience Optimization
- Testing, Incrementality, White/Black List, Offer Test
- Effective Spend
- Effective Reach
- Vendor Curation, MMM, MTA, Decisioning, Automation, Endemic
Our process approaches A&M through the lens of:
- Targets: we work with our clients to build data sets which drive optimal outcomes. It’s a Darwinian process—what drives ROI survives.
- Tech: Knowing when to build, partner or buy depends on the cost/benefit of legacy relationships & capabilities. Optimal measurement stacks are curated from a range of providers and it is very rare that any optimized stack will only be 1st or 2nd or 3rd. Curation across build, buy, or partner is the key.
- Talent: We support full-spectrum optimization of data-informed decision making. Human, Algorithmic etc.
Review of the current environment, inclusive of partners, models, data sources, KPIs, and costs to identify gaps and establish shared A&M goals across the organization.
Develop a customized plan and roadmap for holistic A&M, drilling down to the key components required for success as defined in the Discover phase.
Present a finalized A&M strategy with implementation plan and provide actionable recommendations with ongoing consultation.
We teach you how to fund future investment from today’s savingsROI optimization is possible even when circumstances aren’t optimal—waiting for every data science and identity issue to be solved before optimizing your A&M practice risks more than you may be able to fix down the road. Test, by all means, but make it your goal to focus on collecting and refining the data that drive demonstrably better outcomes—that is good measurement.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be a technologist or engineer yourself to get A&M right. You simply need to be a better consumer of technology & engineering to make better marketing decisions. That’s where we come in. The A&M strategy team at Prohaska draws on decades of buy and sell experience to help you understand how to become that educated consumer. We believe that the primary benefit of A&M is to fuel better decision-making and we put our expertise as your disposal in pursuit of that ideal future state.